Skip to main content

Chatpatta Mango - Tomato Salsa...;)

A variety of mango which many people often dislike in Karnataka when it comes to choice against the vast selection available is Baiganpalli, ...But for me when it's mango season i can just about eat any......;)


The other day I happened to find the same out here in Dubai, so all excited ...I picked up 4nos, but not everybody at my place liked it so after pondering a while if I must simply use it for my daughter's morning breakfast or should I try something  new & Make sure they eat this one, obviously I went for the second choice,  & decided to have everyone eat it but without their knowledge, juice would have been a very easy choice which most of them would have guessed instantly, but easy peasy choices don't help me learn...so decided to try something new and a sudden thought struck me &  remembered having eaten this in a Mexican joint out here say about 3 years back with a colleague of mine, while we were driving back after a meeting in Abu Dhabi(The Capital of U.A.E).


Speaking of Salsa, It is such a versatile condiment. No longer thought of as just a dip for chips, you can add salsa as a topping to all kinds of foods, I just used it as a Salad on my menu... with a small change to suit my "is-shhtyle" I love my food Chatpatta...so i ended up making a couple of my own additions to the dish......!!!... COZ tHAT'S THE wAY I'D LOVE TO HAVE IT....Simply in my style.....;)

For Non vegetarians....from baked potatoes to chicken or fish..Mix it in with fat-free sour cream for a great salad dressing, or serve salsa with eggs for a Mexican-style breakfast treat. It’s one of the best ways of adding flavor without fat. So make the most of summer tomatoes and mangoes, and whip up a zesty Mango Tomato Salsa tonight. Guess what they all loved it..!!

Mango Salsa Recipe

What Goes in:

  1. Ripe mango: 1No peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1 1/2 cup).
  2. Red onion: 1 No (Medium Sized), finely chopped.
  3. Jalapeño chile(Optional): 1 minced (include ribs and seeds for a hotter taste if desired.
  4. Small cucumber: 1No, peeled and diced (about 1 cup).
  5. Coriander or Cilantro Leaves: 3 Tbsp (Fresh cilantro leaves), chopped.
  6. Fresh lime juice: 3 Tbsp.
  7. Green Chillies: 2 Finely Chopped.
  8. Red Chilly Flakes: 2 Tsp.
  9. Chaat Masala: 1/2 Tsp.
  10. Red Chilly Powder(Optional): 1/2 Tsp( if you want it really hot).
  11. Salt: to taste.
Also good with diced red bell pepper and jicama.

How to put it in together:

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and Chilly flakes/Powder.
If the salsa ends up being a little too hot or acidic for your taste, you can temper it by adding some diced avocado Or just skip some of the chillies, too many chillies & you might end up doing the Salsa to your Restrooms..;)
Remember to Chill it in the Refrigerator for at least 15-20 Mins so it gets enough standing time, this really helps all the flavors to blend well with each other...;)
Preparation time: 10 - 15 Mins.
Refrigerate for: 10 - 15 mins.(If you don't want it chilled just let it stand for at least 10 mins before you serve).

Comments

  1. Wow, my mouth is watering Shru...this looks finger-licking good! I love chatpata stuff too, and I couldn't agree more with what you say. Im definitely giving this a try before the mangoes vanish from the markets here :)

    P.S: The blog looks really neat now...keep them yummy posts coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mads, thanks about the blog, still working on it...actually have no clue on the css codes...so kind of trying to figure it out...!;)
    And yes Do try it and lemme know...!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome To Muggle Diaries

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read my rantings and send in your valuable Comments or which I really really appreciate and hope to try out your advice someday.

Hoping to see you more often, do peep by and ,
chat-up, feel free to fill me in with whats happening at your end too :) .

Love,
The Muggle Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

+Green PeasPulao / Matar Pulao(One Pot Meal...;)

Matar/Green Peas Pulao(One Pot Meal): Weekend's somehow make me feel weak in the knees to eat rice...i feel really bored to have roti's & dosas the whole week through..!! My versatile pallets and the stomach who's used to eat variety from mom screams out and demands more variety on the weekends. However though a weekday today i broke the usual rules and cooked up my favorite "Matar Pulao" which doesn't take much time as well as it's not too much  of a labor, since it all goes in one pot and pressure cook cool and serve, so i don't need to even wash too many dishes, so last night's dinner was Green Peas Pulao, Karnataka style with a slight variation for the sake of good health..;P What goes Inside: 1Cup: Basmati Rice(i used Basmati, since this is what i can acquire here easily ) or normal cooking rice of your choice. Spices: As per your taste you may add or delete the same(Cinnamon sticks+Green Cardamom+Cloves+Cumin/Jeer

+Homemade Indian Curds / Yoghurt/ Dahi/ Thair Recipe:)

+Homemade curds Recipe: It's amazing how life changes after marriage! Especially simple things such as consumption of curds too .....after being marrying a ' mallu boy ', I was amazed at the way they either mix curd in everything or rather cook almost everything with curd!! Initially it was a culture shock for me, a Rajput( being born n brought up one)!! I hardly had had curd ever in life until then!! Well as with anyone things changed gradually for me too....I understood far too quickly that I need to master the art of making well set curd as soon as possible...( yes...even curd setting is as good as Art..!!)... well finally after 10 years of marriage, two kids and infinite trials and error methods I came out victorious, this one really works well each time!!! The important thing is it really works well on our wallets too....and works fantabulous-ly on the health of our kids too..:) Now I can brag about making my very own dahi- Sakkar, dahi n parantha's, dahi Kari'

5K Visitors, and a well deserved VACATION@Sasuraal Genda Phool...Don't go Anywhere I WILL BE BACK..!!

5K Visitors, and a well deserved VACATION @ Sasuraal Genda Phool...Don't go Anywhere I WILL BE BACK..!! & a Thankyou Note..!! It's celebration time again..@ TS. This time it's because Traditional Secrets touched 5000 visitors since May 2010, well i really do not have words to express my gratitude to all of you who made this possible,,i'm really humbled beyond words can ever express..!!! All i can say is Thank You...Thank you and Thank You..!! When i started this blog I just had Madhuri of Cook Curry Nook Fame,Deepti of Some Salt to Taste Fame..,Suma Rowjee of Cakes & More to name a few and few more great blogger friends from whom i really really learnt a lot...Running a blog, plus home, my lil one and keeping up with the passion of my life and writing about it would definitely not have been possible without the support of these friends and of course MY BETTER HALF who i turned BITTER many a times..when i did not give much needed attention to my Home...whil