Skip to main content

+Wheat flour / Atta Ladoos..:)

+Wheat flour / Atta Ladoos..:)



I have had besan ladoos when mum used to make them,but never ever thought I could make wheat ladoos in a similar manner! I thought this Diwali I need to do something out of my shell, I wanted it to be special as both my daughters were having their first conscious Diwali together!

Conscious as in an age where they both understand most of what is happening around and instructions such as 'be careful, stop, don't touch,etc!
I have often watched my mum making besan ladoos but had never tried them on my own! Well so finally when I did decide to try it on my own I wanted something more healthier! 

A healthier version would always be welcome to anyone and can't be anything but 'Wheat' instead of besan!

Adding to all this I even saw a very tempting pic from Raks kitchen which inspired me to try her dressing style, thanks for the lovely idea to tempt my kids n hubby. I think the saying that a bride always looks beautiful in her complete accessories and attire!

My hubby would not even try them on unless I told him what it's made of, so I decided something which could be healthy for him as well as my little ones!! 
They turned out to be so tasty that I got just 1 to taste( lucky was'nt I?). 
In the face of Various festivities like Diwali or so, you could easily make these and store them too! These can be made easily and also gift packed!




Atta(wheat flour) ladoo recipe:

Preparation Time: 15 mins    
Cooking time: 15 mins    
Serving size: 30 small ladoos

What goes inside:
  1. Wheat flour/ Atta: 2 Cups
  2. Powdered Sugar:1Cup (heaped)
  3. Ghee: 1/2 Cup
  4. Green Cardamoms /Elaichi: 8-10 nos
  5. Roasted Almonds: 6-8 nos



How to put them together:
  • Roast flour well on a low flame stirring continuously, when you get a nutty smell and see it is turning light pinkish taking care not to burn it. 
  • Powder sugar with the cardamom pods, you can store the excess in a container and use it later too!
  • Take a large bowl or plate and take the roasted wheat flour and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Melt ghee now add it to this and mix well.
  • Toast a few almonds on a pan and dry toast them! Crush them coarsely with a mortar and pestle.
  • Now take a shallow bowl with a tbsp of melted ghee and roughly crushed almonds and take it in another plate. Roll and shape the ladoos into tiny ball shape and dip(touch) the top part of the ladoos in ghee.Then the ghee dipped part into the crushed almonds.
  • This way it will stick to the ladoos,repeate the same process to finish, and place in tiny paper cup cake liners to look more beautiful and presentable.


Notes:
  1. Stick to the measurements irrespective of what sized cup you use!
  2. You can increase / decrease the powdered sugar to suit your taste.
  3. You can skip the almonds part and add chopped toasted nuts and raisins of your choice, mix into the ladoos. ( fry them in ghee if you want a richer taste or if you want to feed them to your children or a lady who is lactating!)

Comments

  1. Beautifully done, who can resist to this wonderful atta laddoos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome To Muggle Diaries

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read my rantings and send in your valuable Comments or which I really really appreciate and hope to try out your advice someday.

Hoping to see you more often, do peep by and ,
chat-up, feel free to fill me in with whats happening at your end too :) .

Love,
The Muggle Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

+Green PeasPulao / Matar Pulao(One Pot Meal...;)

Matar/Green Peas Pulao(One Pot Meal): Weekend's somehow make me feel weak in the knees to eat rice...i feel really bored to have roti's & dosas the whole week through..!! My versatile pallets and the stomach who's used to eat variety from mom screams out and demands more variety on the weekends. However though a weekday today i broke the usual rules and cooked up my favorite "Matar Pulao" which doesn't take much time as well as it's not too much  of a labor, since it all goes in one pot and pressure cook cool and serve, so i don't need to even wash too many dishes, so last night's dinner was Green Peas Pulao, Karnataka style with a slight variation for the sake of good health..;P What goes Inside: 1Cup: Basmati Rice(i used Basmati, since this is what i can acquire here easily ) or normal cooking rice of your choice. Spices: As per your taste you may add or delete the same(Cinnamon sticks+Green Cardamom+Cloves+Cumin/Jeer

+Homemade Indian Curds / Yoghurt/ Dahi/ Thair Recipe:)

+Homemade curds Recipe: It's amazing how life changes after marriage! Especially simple things such as consumption of curds too .....after being marrying a ' mallu boy ', I was amazed at the way they either mix curd in everything or rather cook almost everything with curd!! Initially it was a culture shock for me, a Rajput( being born n brought up one)!! I hardly had had curd ever in life until then!! Well as with anyone things changed gradually for me too....I understood far too quickly that I need to master the art of making well set curd as soon as possible...( yes...even curd setting is as good as Art..!!)... well finally after 10 years of marriage, two kids and infinite trials and error methods I came out victorious, this one really works well each time!!! The important thing is it really works well on our wallets too....and works fantabulous-ly on the health of our kids too..:) Now I can brag about making my very own dahi- Sakkar, dahi n parantha's, dahi Kari'

Basic Eggless WWF Loaf Cake..;)

Basic Eggless WWF Sponge Loaf Cake..;) A Confession : Though I've been baking for quite sometime now,i must confess a basic sponge cake was more a matter of luck in my "cake"...Oops...sorry "case"..!!  I would go on and on like mom always very rightly said "Try try never say die... " i kept trying until i continued to succeed(psst: just to ensure i'm doing it perfectly right)..!!  Finally I've succeeded & so proud to shout it out loud to the world...i managed to bake the most "Mmmm..moist Eggless WWF Sponge Cake"...). It's been such a hit at my place that I've already baked it thrice in 3days in a row (I swear i'm just not exaggerating one bite..sorry bit..;) and also tried my new experiment "Basic Eggless WWF-Oatmeal & Chocolate Loaf Cake"...Well that recipe will follow soon though..!! Baking a cake always takes me through the nostalgia of school days where we learnt the famous nursery rhyme "