Skip to main content

"No Fuss - Rice Cups" aka " Phare"

Steamed Rice Cups..;)
Yet another day.....yet another worry....the biggest of all worries being "What will me toddler eat without any fuss today...??" Yes the stress is on the word "FUSS"...terrifying almost every mother on the face of this planet...is one lil 4 letter word.."FUSS"...!!!

This was just another day where i was racking my brains on what to feed her...she'd been sick for the past few days...and as we all know it's terrible to even attempt to wander around a sick child....& if your talking about food...gawd help you....!!


Well this is one simple recipe which i've eaten in years at my place...easy, simple and yummy for kids...;)


Rice Cups or Phare Recipe:


What goes in:

  1. Rice Flour - 1 Cup.
  2. Jeera - 1 Tsp.
  3. Pepper - Coarsely ground - 1/2 Tsp.
  4. Fresh Grated Coconut - 1 or 2 Tbsp.
  5. Oil/Ghee - 1 Tsp.
  6. Salt - To Taste.
How to Put it in together:

  • Take about 1/2 Cup of water and bring to boil, now reduce the flame to Simmer and add Ghee/Oil(your choice), jeera, pepper, grated coconut,salt and finally Rice flour.
  • Stir gently with a wooden spatula so all the ingredients mix and come to a dough like density.
  • Switch off the flame and keep covered for about 5 mins not more(or else the dough might get fully cooked).
  • Now get all of the dough onto a large plate and knead well when warm(don't forget to grease your hands while doing this to avoid the dough sticking to your palms).
  • Shape them into 2" balls & make them into cup shaped.
  • Steam it and it's ready to eat.
  • Pour ghee into the steamed cup, taste's yummy when eaten hot...;)
well the procedure seems tedious when your read it but in actual it is done in a jiffy...;)

Comments

  1. hi shruti,

    first time to ur space...u got a cute daughter...ur rice cups is very simple and delicious recipe,u also have a nice collection of recipes... i should try some out.happy to find u...

    if u get time do visit my blog
    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Satya,

    I'm So glad you liked my space..Thanks for visiting and not to forget my daughter she is way naughtier than her smile can show...will definitely follow your blog...hope to see more of you around...;)

    Keep in tch,
    Shruthi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect rice cups... luks delicious and crispy... never find dis recipe in any blogger..very happy to find dis recipe..will surely try it..
    u have a good colection of recipes... if u find time to visit my blog...happy to follow ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Asha,

    Thanks for visiting my one my space and i'm so happy to read your comments...i'm glad you like my collection...i guess the voraciousness sets my blog a lil apart from the rest...;) will definitely be glad to follow you...i'm always ready to learn anything new...hope to see more of you around...;)

    Ciao,
    Shruthi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome To Muggle Diaries

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read my rantings and send in your valuable Comments or which I really really appreciate and hope to try out your advice someday.

Hoping to see you more often, do peep by and ,
chat-up, feel free to fill me in with whats happening at your end too :) .

Love,
The Muggle Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

+Green PeasPulao / Matar Pulao(One Pot Meal...;)

Matar/Green Peas Pulao(One Pot Meal): Weekend's somehow make me feel weak in the knees to eat rice...i feel really bored to have roti's & dosas the whole week through..!! My versatile pallets and the stomach who's used to eat variety from mom screams out and demands more variety on the weekends. However though a weekday today i broke the usual rules and cooked up my favorite "Matar Pulao" which doesn't take much time as well as it's not too much  of a labor, since it all goes in one pot and pressure cook cool and serve, so i don't need to even wash too many dishes, so last night's dinner was Green Peas Pulao, Karnataka style with a slight variation for the sake of good health..;P What goes Inside: 1Cup: Basmati Rice(i used Basmati, since this is what i can acquire here easily ) or normal cooking rice of your choice. Spices: As per your taste you may add or delete the same(Cinnamon sticks+Green Cardamom+Cloves+Cumin/Jeer

5K Visitors, and a well deserved VACATION@Sasuraal Genda Phool...Don't go Anywhere I WILL BE BACK..!!

5K Visitors, and a well deserved VACATION @ Sasuraal Genda Phool...Don't go Anywhere I WILL BE BACK..!! & a Thankyou Note..!! It's celebration time again..@ TS. This time it's because Traditional Secrets touched 5000 visitors since May 2010, well i really do not have words to express my gratitude to all of you who made this possible,,i'm really humbled beyond words can ever express..!!! All i can say is Thank You...Thank you and Thank You..!! When i started this blog I just had Madhuri of Cook Curry Nook Fame,Deepti of Some Salt to Taste Fame..,Suma Rowjee of Cakes & More to name a few and few more great blogger friends from whom i really really learnt a lot...Running a blog, plus home, my lil one and keeping up with the passion of my life and writing about it would definitely not have been possible without the support of these friends and of course MY BETTER HALF who i turned BITTER many a times..when i did not give much needed attention to my Home...whil

+Homemade Indian Curds / Yoghurt/ Dahi/ Thair Recipe:)

+Homemade curds Recipe: It's amazing how life changes after marriage! Especially simple things such as consumption of curds too .....after being marrying a ' mallu boy ', I was amazed at the way they either mix curd in everything or rather cook almost everything with curd!! Initially it was a culture shock for me, a Rajput( being born n brought up one)!! I hardly had had curd ever in life until then!! Well as with anyone things changed gradually for me too....I understood far too quickly that I need to master the art of making well set curd as soon as possible...( yes...even curd setting is as good as Art..!!)... well finally after 10 years of marriage, two kids and infinite trials and error methods I came out victorious, this one really works well each time!!! The important thing is it really works well on our wallets too....and works fantabulous-ly on the health of our kids too..:) Now I can brag about making my very own dahi- Sakkar, dahi n parantha's, dahi Kari'